Friday, September 16, 2011

Cycle #12: Day 1

Today I received my Day 1 regimen of CVD, which includes all three drugs. Not much to report on that other than my veins continue to be increasingly problematic to find & stick, and there did seem to be more burning upon administration, even with a heating pad and a saline mix. Other things worth sharing:

Last week I had a spinal MRI and that region continues to be stable, as in, no notable changes. The radiation oncologist showed me the image of the tumour that is interfering with my right brachial plexus (that has been doing so since October 2010, approximately 1 year ago from today). It is amazing how the combination of radiation + CVD has cleaned-out a lot of that area and there is less tumour to interfere with the plexus. Good news of course. This particular tumour, if unattended, can become immediately destructive as it is responsible for the hand, arm, shoulder, and upper chest.

Yesterday I had a cranial MRI and next week I will have a CT that will cover my knees, skull, and everything in between. As I get those results I will share them.

I will also take a moment to share to my current medication regimen:

  • Labetolol, 100mg x2/day
  • Doxazosin, 1mg x2/day
  • Lovenox, 120mg x1/day
For the first 4 days of the chemo I also take:

  • Neulasta (single injection on Day 3- 24 hrs after Day 2 chemo)
  • Emend (Days 1, 2, and 3)
  • Dexamethasone, 4mg x2/day (Days 1-4)
  • Ondansetron 8mg x2/day (Days 1-4)
Off the top of my head I am not sure how this regimen differs, if at all, from whence I began. In the event that it is different it is worth noting (you can read earlier posts to see what I was doing in the beginning).

1 comment:

  1. KID CVD, I wish you the best of luck :-) I had CVD + Adriamycin (the Dr's used to call adriamycin "the little red devil" because it was pretty brutal!! I had the treatment 22 years ago @ UW in Seattle, and am still fighting this disease @ 44 :-) I had a 12 year remission after radiation and 18 months of Chemo...since then I have quite a few bone mets, one is kicking my ass in my shoulder right now(glenoid cavity), previously treated 6 mos ago with radiation. I am MIBG positive and have had the treatment 3 X's now...They have found if you give the MIBG treatment and radiation simultaneously, the 2 help each other become more effective...we did this on some bone pelvic tumors I had...please keep posting and thank you for sharing your experience...we are a unique breed :-)

    ReplyDelete