Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cycle #2: Days 3 & 4

Three things to report:

First, on Day 24 I was hit with a real wave of fatigue about mid-day. I napped for quite a while but felt a sense of lethargy for most of the day. I felt a bit tired on Day #25. Not as bad as Day #24 but more than usual.

Second, I am experiencing intermittent nausea for which I am taking Ondansetron. The Rx says to take every  6 hours as needed. I've noticed that it works real well for about 4 hours and then the nausea reappears.

Third, my BP is high again. I have upped my BP meds just as I did during my first cycle but it's still typically in the 180/100 range. Definitely higher than it should be but not too crazy in the pheo/para world. My oncologist has prescribed Furosemide to help control by BP but I haven't tried it yet. I am a bit wary of adding new BP meds to the mix, especially when they've been prescribed by someone other than an endocrinologist with pheo/para experience.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the BP meds. As a Pheo patient, you should only take certain alpha and beta blockers.

    ReplyDelete